Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Renaming the Hats

The shop will be undergoing a bit of a revamp in the next few weeks/months. I'm in the process of building up my Fall line of hats and accessories and I'll be re~naming some of my styles to better organize my shop and patterns. I started out with my generic "City Girl Cap" and quite a few variations have sprung from it since.

All of my hats for sale are designed from scratch by me and made using my own patterns that I hold copyrights to. Generic hat styles have been around forever and of course were not invented by me...what is mine are the formulas I use to achieve those styles. The time and effort that I put into developing easy to follow patterns that work up quickly to achieve those looks takes months.

My goal is that each of my hats will have its own distinct name and not a generic name used by other designers. Even hats made from the same pattern using different materials will look and feel different and therefore will each get its own unique name. For example, my Elizabeth (acrylic), Liesl (cotton/acrylic) and Isabelle (cotton) hats are all derived from the same pattern, and the pattern will indicate so. However for the sake of sales, each takes on its own texture and feel according to the material used so I'm giving them separate names. If someone orders a custom Isabelle, I know that they want the 100% cotton version and they have specific colors to choose from. I hope everything will be better organized this way, the products and the patterns... Here are a few new additions to the collection...

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones