Monday, April 14, 2008

The Village Knitter

There aren't many (or should I say, "any") specialty yarn stores in my area and as a result I rely heavily on the internet, Joann Fabrics, Michael's and AC Moore to stock supplies. But yesterday, thanks to my better half who spotted this adorable little shop, I had a brief visit to yarn heaven... The Village Knitter is a quaint yarn shop in the center of Babylon Village, NY. Fully stocked floor to ceiling with unusual yarns of sorts... fancy nubby cottons that work up to look like terrycloth, hand dyed hanks, alpaca, cashmere, merino, mohair... aaaaahhhh! I think I squeezed every skein I could reach ;) They offer knitting classes for beginners and project classes for those with more experience... If you love yarn and you want to see what exists outside the realm of big chain stores, it is worth a visit to The Village Knitter; and with so many restaurants in the historic Village of Babylon, it makes for a very worth while day trip even if you're not a hop skip and a jump away. I came away with two lovely new yarns to add to my collection, a light pink hand-dyed Blue Sky Alpaca color: 1018, and a Berroco Foliage in color: 5966. *Update: I found 2 more fabulous yarn stores, yay! Check out The Knitting Cove in Port Jefferson, NY and Yarns! A Knitting Boutique on Berry Hill in Syosset, NY.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones