Thursday, November 22, 2007

Boston Market Thanksgiving

Yesterday was my school's Thanksgiving Feast. Each class sets up tables in the hallway adorned with a tablecloth, and a place setting for each child with their handmade place mats. Parents come to help serve the kids, and while they eat, the adults chit chat. It was a nice time to meet parents and break up the usual monotony of the day. But then it happened, the inevitable when you work with kids...I started sneezing, so much that I thought for sure I was allergic to something, maybe someone's perfume. But it continued and alas, turned into a full blown cold on this Thanksgiving morning. A drippy nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. My hopes of a big family dinner upstate fell through and I'm too tired and generally yucky to use my back-up plan of going out to dinner with my boyfriend, sis and grandma. So... my boy and I are having a Boston Market Family style Turkey Dinner, complete with turkey, 3 sides and a whole pie! Whoo hoo. To add a little nostalgia, we'll be watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving after we say grace... I'm truly thankful for all I have, sick or not. I visited Kiva.org and made a loan to a seamstress in Samoa who wanted to buy more sewing supplies for her small business. It's a great feeling to be able to help someone, even though I don't have very much to give.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones